Street Talk - A division of Signpost India & Laqshya walk away with EMVIES Awards
By M4G Bureau - October 05, 2019
The 19th edition of awards celebrated best work in various media categories including OOH and Activation categories
The 19th edition of The Advertising Club’s EMVIES Awards, one of the most prestigious events celebrating high impact media campaigns concluded at ST. Regis in Mumbai.
The EMVIES that champions best in creativity, effectiveness and marketing saw around 1079 entries, the highest nominations ever received with 42 agencies participating in the competition. The event that was attended by more than 1000 professionals from the Media, Marketing, Advertising and Research fraternity saw 29 Gold & 38 Silver EMVIES Trophies being presented to the worthy winners.
Best Media Innovation: Out of Home
- Street Talk -A division of Signpost India won Gold for Nestle India- Bus Shelters that talk Coffee.
- Street Talk -A division of Signpost India won Silver for Future Retail Ltd.- World’s First Glam Tram
- Laqshya won Bronze for FCA India Automobiles Private Limited- Jeep- Creating India's largest Installation-Asia Book Of Records Totle
Best Media Innovation: Rural Activation
- Wavemaker bagged the first GOLD for Vodafone – Vodafone creating “WHEELS OF CHANGE” in rural Kerala.
- Wavemaker bagged the second GOLD for Colgate Swarna Ved Shakti – MAKING 3 CRORE PEOPLE IN UP EXPERIENCE THE BEST NATURAL TOOTHPASTE IN 45 DAYS.
- Initiative bagged the third GOLD for Dettol – India's First Hygiene Parliament.
- Initiative bagged the BRONZE for Harpic – Making India Toilet Proud.
Speaking about the awards Parha Sinha, Chairperson – EMVIES Committee, The Advertising Club said “EMVIES are called the Oscars of media agency. Every year it is growing in stature and the primary reason for that is the quality of work. Every single agency had presented case studies of very high caliber and the global community will be able to access some of them through our tie up with WARC. We are all very proud of the standard of work being done by Indian agencies and the EMVIES are a celebration of that pride. It is easily one of the signature events in Indian marketing and communication calendar.”
Speaking about the changing dynamics of campaigns and the importance of being relevant, Punitha Arumugam, Digital Evangelist and Managing Committee Member, The Advertising Club said, “EMVIES continues to scale and surprise with its excellence year after year. What has really been delightful in EMVIES 2019 is agencies specialising in OOH and digital featuring in the top 10 agencies. And a digital entry also sharing the Grand EMVIE. The awards are truly and surely reflecting the emerging media landscape in the country”.
EMVIES 2019 was adjudged by a distinguished and versatile jury of 172 Media Professionals in Round 1 of the Judging process. The category ‘Best Media Buying Team of the Year’ which was introduced last year; was judged by 7 Specialist Jury. The Final Round of Judging saw Case Study Presentations being evaluated by 61 Marketing Leaders. The 272 shortlisted entries where then judged by research specialists.
For more updates, subscribe to media4growth newsletter - Click here