Chandigarh civic body invites bids for bus queue shelters to earn revenue
By M4G Bureau - July 28, 2020
Chandigarh Municipal Corporation has come out with a new tender for the construction and maintenance of BQS on BOOT basis for display of advertisement in the union territory
Struggling with shortage of funds, Chandigarh Municipal Corporation has invited bid for its online tender for the construction and maintenance of bus queue shelters (BQS).
It will on the basis of build, own, operate and transfer (BOOT) for display of advertisement in the union territory with INR 50 lakh as earnest money deposit. The scope of work includes construction of new BQS at designated sites, renovate/ refurbishment of existing BQS in nine months. After which, subsequently operate, maintain all the bus queue shelters for ten years and thereafter transfer all them to the administration of Chandigarh.
- 139 new bus queue shelters to be constructed at designated sites
- Refurbishment of 52 existing brick, stone and R.C.C bus queue shelters and relocation of stainless steel BQS
- Total 191 BQS to be maintained after obtaining completion certificate
- Provision of 7 unipole stand for 'Request Bus Stop' with retro reflective tape of ASTM type XI category
- Space available for displaying illuminated advertisement LED screen on inner back panel of BQS will be 54 square feet
- Advertisement shall be allowed on only one side of the bus queue shelter
The last date to submit is 5th August 2020 and the bid will open on the same day. .
Having failed to attract any bidders earlier this year, the corporation has re-invited bid on 55 public toilets covering 11,301.45 sq ft for a five-year contract in a separate tender. The sites will be allotted through an e-auction on the payment of licence and advertisement fees. The advertisements will only be displayed on illuminated LED backlight.
Recently, the authority has awarded the first ever outdoor media tender to Creative Designer which allows to install12 sites after announcing its OOH policy in 2019.