Scarcity of OOH formats leads to limited exposure: Vinkoo Chakraborty
By Satarupa Chakraborty - October 14, 2015
According to Vinkoo, a promising market like UP can grow extensively in outdoor advertising if only formats and aesthetics are improved along with certain monitoring systems and regulations in place.
Metros Vs Regional Market:
- Media consumption: India stands in the 2nd highest position in terms of the number of cellular users. With a total number of 800 million mobile phone users, markets beyond metros are promising and growing. India's e-commerce scene is also driven by small towns at a percentage of 40 percent
- High Consumption propensities
- Connected consumers
- Infrastructural growth
All above-mentioned points amount to the promising future that OOH industry in UP is offering or can offer in the near future.
Key Challenges in Regional Market:
- Limited OOH formats and environments' leading to drastic reduction when one wants to take a national campaign to regional market. Scarcity of formats leads to limited exposure
- Limited ambient mediums that results to budget reduction
- Illumination is still a problem
- Aesthetics are compromised when it comes to brand building drive imagery
- Fragment fluctuations in inventory levels - think about litigations and political interference
- Monitoring is still tough i.e once in a fortnight.
- Lack of infrastructural amenities - Transportation, inferior quality of structures, wear and tear, loss of advertizers' money etc.
"We live in a country of contradictions. Yes, there are challenges but there's silver lining of enormous opportunities in the state. Even if we can revive 1/3rd of our business, it'll be huge boost to the OOH market of UP,â€ Chakraborty signed off.