16th edition of Outdoor Advertising Convention all set to ignite new OOH ambitions
By M4G Bureau - August 16, 2022
The 16th edition of the popular Outdoor Advertising Convention (OAC) is set to be inaugurated at The Westin Mumbai Powai Lake, on August 17th, promising two days of thought provoking sessions by a distinguished line-up of speakers, all representing various aspects of the OOH industry.
After a two year pause brought on by the pandemic, the Indian OOH industry’s biggest event, the Outdoor Advertising Convention (OAC) is back in its 16th edition. To be held on August 17- 18 at the Westin Mumbai Powai Lake, the 2 day event under the theme ‘Igniting OOH Ambitions’, will bring together industry thought leaders and decision makers, and throw the spotlight on technology, convergence and innovation, while setting a larger context for the OOH medium.
Actor, Producer and Motivational Speaker R Madhavan, will deliver the inaugural address at OAC, and his interactive session will be followed by Amiya Swarup, Partner - Marketing Advisory Services, EY, who will speak on ‘Changing Contours of Indian media landscape: Prospects for OOH’, in effect setting the tone for the overarching theme.
The other speaker sessions, spread over both the days, will cover multiple aspects of OOH as a brand marketing medium in an increasingly tech driven and digitally driven environment of consumer engagement. From application of neuroscience to brand marketing,digitalising of the OOH business for smart outcomes and building a common currency for OOH, to cinema in the context of OOH advertising, role of technology in shaping OOH renaissance,role of creativity in impactful OOH campaigns, and more, the sessions will offer a wide range of perspectives. The convention will also have motivational talks, offering insights on the role of creativity and healthy competition in enabling business success.
Alongside OAC will also be the OOH Expo 2022, an exposition of state-of-the-art OOH technology, equipment and creative solutions. The two day event will culminate in the Outdoor Advertising Awards (OAA) 2022 ceremony to be held on August 18th, wherein the winners of OAA 2022 will receive their coveted metals.
Here is a look at the list of speakers and sessions for OAC 2022:
1.R Madhavan, Actor & Director: Inaugural session
2.Amiya Swarup, Partner - Marketing Advisory Services, EY- Context setting: ‘Changing contours of Indian media landscape: Prospects for OOH’
3. Mark Bracey, Co-Founder, DoohClick, Sweden: ‘Digitalising OOH business for smart outcomes’
4. Arvind Sahay, Prof. of Marketing & International Business , IIM Ahmedabad & Author of the book 'Brands & The Brain': ‘Applying neuroscience to OOH advertising’.
5. Ajay Mehta, MD, Kinetic India & MD, ITV: ‘Cinema & OOH advertising: The big picture’
6. Anant East, CTO, Talon, UK: ‘How technology is shaping OOH renaissance’
7.Mike Cooper, Global President & CRO, Adomni, USA: ‘What are the success factors for pDOOH in India market’
8. Rachana Lokhande, Consultant, IOAA & Magesh Poondi, CEO, ReLu AI Systems: ‘Building a common currency for Indian OOH’
9. Rana Barua, Group CEO, Havas Group India in conversation with Suresh Balakrishna, CRO, The Hindu Group: ‘How a tech-driven OOH finds a defining role in integrated brand communications’
10. Prerna Mehra, Creative Director & Head of Design, MullenLowe, Dubai: ‘Leveraging creativity for innovative, impactful OOH advertising’
11. Padmavati Rao, Actor, Director, Poet, Natural Farmer: ‘Thinking out of the box: Creativity for extending the boundaries’
12. Archana Aggarwal, VP - Media, Airtel in conversation with Alok Jalan, MD, Laqshya Media Group: ‘What should OOH do to attract more brand spends’
13. Jun Sakurai, CEO, LIVE BOARD, Japan: Jun Sakurai, CEO, LIVE BOARD, Japan: ‘How DOOH is globalising OOH advertising’
14. Fabian Cowan, Advisor, Sapio Parthiv Heritech & Founder, 1bb: ‘How OOH can play an instrumental role in city beautification & heritage preservation’
15.Ajinkya Rahane, Cricketer, Former Captain of Indian Cricket Team, Arjuna Awardee: ‘Fireside Chat- Competing at the highest level’