imageHOLDERS launch touchless kiosk powered by Ultraleap technology
By Rajiv Raghunath - July 16, 2021
This non-touch approach reduces the risk of spreading germs and bacteria build up at a self-service kiosk
Interactive, integrated kiosk solutions company imageHOLDERS has launched its first touchless kiosk, powered by Ultraleap hand tracking technology, in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The touchless self-service kiosk uses an Ultraleap hand tracking camera and Ultraleap software to capture the movement of hands and fingers so they can interact naturally with the on-screen content. Users can type, select, scroll and navigate a kiosk display using mid-air gestures and without having to touch the screen.
This non-touch approach reduces the risk of spreading germs and bacteria build up at a self-service kiosk, something customers and end users have become increasingly aware of since the outbreak of Covid-19.
By using an Ultraleap camera module and Ultraleap software, the imageHOLDERS kiosk is both intuitive and easy to use. A selection of optional devices can also be added, including printers, scanners, and payment devices – to ensure each kiosk is tailored to individual business needs. Each kiosk can be tailored to number of different industries including public kiosks, entertainment complexes, healthcare, office and workplaces, and education.
imageHOLDERS CEO Adrian Thompson says: “Our mission for this touchless kiosk was to instil confidence in the general population and in turn galvanise multiple industries to be able to get back to full strength in a post-Covid world. imageHOLDERS interactive kiosk solutions are both intuitive and easy to use. Plus, our digital kiosks are tailorable to every business for each required user journey. Developing this touchless kiosk using Ultraleap’s technology was a gratifying challenge, and I am very excited to see how it helps people navigate their busy lives in real world applications.”
Saurabh Gupta, Director of OOH Product at Ultraleap, said, “We’re excited to work with imageHOLDERS to create a touchless self-service kiosk that will meet the increasing demand for touchless interaction. Companies and brands are looking for intuitive solutions that are easy for users to pick up and engage with. I believe the combination of imageHOLDERS interactive kiosks and Ultraleap’s touchless technology is the answer.”
imageHOLDERS can tailor each kiosk dependent on the industry and the team of B2B IOT experts particularly recommend the following applications:
- Public kiosks – A completely frictionless interactive kiosk solution is ideal for busy public spaces to avoid the spread of viruses or build-up of bacteria on screens
- Entertainment complexes – The solution offers touchless gesture control and can be used as entertainment itself, in arcades, cinema lobbies or theme parks. It is also ideal for booking or printing cinema tickets, or other leisure activities such as bowling
- Healthcare - In healthcare environments it is imperative to reduce the spread of germs. A touchless kiosk solution is the perfect visitor management and access device
- Office and workplaces – Large offices and workplaces often have high footfall. Efficient and safe access control and visitor management are essential. A touchless solution protects and reassures employees. Touchless kiosks can also be used for hygienic booking of meeting rooms or engaging presentations
- Education - The touchless interaction is hugely engaging for students in an education environment. Hands-on learning becomes both hygienic and memorable. Touchless kiosks can also be used for booking equipment, wayfinding on campus, booking rooms and library book rentals