Marketers increasingly include DOOH in their omnichannel campaigns
By M4G Bureau - December 08, 2021
New Media Decision Makers Study from DPAA, Advertiser Perceptions and Xaxis shows strong momentum for DOOH advertising use
DPAA, the global trade marketing association, driving the DOOH media growth and its growing role in the Omnichannel mix, has announced the results of its annual Media Decision Makers Study. The study surveys brands and agencies on their perceptions, knowledge and plans for using the OOH medium. The study was conducted by Advertiser Perceptions and sponsored by Xaxis, the outcome media company.
“After a challenging time, this year’s study shows a very strong trajectory for Out of Home media usage,” said Barry Frey, President & CEO of DPAA. “The digitisation of the medium and pointedly programmatic trading, with its data-driven capabilities is leading the way. Programmatic Digital Out of Home offers brands flexibility and the ability to be in front of their target audience at the right time.”
“The results of the study reinforce what we’ve seen this past year as marketers look to integrate Digital Out of Home into their omnichannel strategies, benefitting from the flexibility and insight of its evolving programmatic capabilities. We expect the growth, learnings and opportunities outlined in the report to carry us into 2022 as marketers look to unlock more value from their Digital Out of Home investment,” said Gila Wilensky, President, US, Xaxis.
Initial results from the study were revealed at the DPAA Video Everywhere Summit in October by Barry Frey and Xaxis’ VP of Product & Innovation, Roey Franco.
Key findings include.
- 81% of advertisers will recommend DOOH in their media plans in the next twelve months.
- 77% of advertisers have increased their knowledge of DOOH in the last 18 months.
- 66% of media decision makers activated a new DOOH campaign in the last 18 months.
- 62% of advertisers see Digital Out of Home as an important screen in their omni-channel video campaigns.
- Advertisers’ DOOH programmatic spend is anticipated to rise to 36% next year, up from 21% in 2021 driven by data-driven strategies (including targeting and measurement), creative flexibility and increased inventory.
There has been a substantial evolution in the way media buyers think about their campaigns, from ascribing set budgets to particular channels to a more fluid approach. The study found three keys to the growth of DOOH that include programmatic; measurement and attribution capabilities in line with other digital media; and great advertiser fluency with data-driven targeting and measurement capabilities of Digital Out of Home. The full report is available to DPAA Members.