LG introduces world's first 0.44mm even bezel video wall
By M4G Bureau - October 13, 2018
With 16:9 aspect ratio and 0.44mm even bezel, the screen enables the overall video wall image to resemble a single screen
LG has launched the world's first 0.44mm Even Bezel Video Wall. Themed, “Edge – See beyond your imagination”, the company aims at bringing the world’s finest technology for the B2B customers. The revolutionary new technology is set to change the game for professional broadcasters, and opens numerous other collaborative possibilities across corporate, government, fashion, retail and transportation.
With 16:9 aspect ratio and 0.44mm even bezel, it enables the overall video wall image to resemble a single screen. In addition, LED backlight technology guarantees high uniformity in brightness ensuring a clear picture. On other screens, certain spots may appear darker than others, but the new SVH7E generates high visibility and a consistent brightness across the whole screen.
Speaking on the occasion, Hemendu Sinha, Business Head, B2B, LG Electronics India, said, “As the pioneer of OLED display technology in both the consumer and commercial markets, LG strives to deliver the ultimate and truly immersive viewing experiences. The Wall gives owners the opportunity to reinvent spaces. Its ability to scale to virtually any size, and display content with such remarkable clarity, will surely give our consumers amazing new tool to create immersive and engaging spaces.”
Some of the key features are:
• Even Bezel: The 0.44mm even bezel enables the overall video wall image to resemble a single screen that offers the best seamless viewing experience on assembled video wall screens.
• Uniform Brightness: LG’s LED backlight technology guarantees high uniformity in brightness to ensure a clear picture. The new SVH7E generates high visibility and a consistent brightness across the whole screen. Also, it reflects sunlight for better visibility and a clearer image than conventional panels increasing the uniformity by 15%.
• Image Gap Reduction: The SVH7E includes an image improvement algorithm that can adjust to objects located in the boundary of bezel for a seamless viewing experience.
• Clear Viewing Angle: The SVH7E ensures clear picture quality even when installed in stacks of more than four. This is very favourable for the quantity of video walls installed in large spaces.
• Colour Calibration: Display calibration ensures the on-screen image matches the original source material, so the image appears as it was intended. The white balance adjusting function by greyscale can make calibration quality more precise and the color temperature adjusting function by remote controller provides easy management condition to users.
• Signage 365 Care: It is the total management service for signage with cloud system. It provides real time monitoring and controlling of the video wall. With this, all the connection and status can be checked on dashboard at a glance.
• WebOS 3.0+: The feature offers new UI which can manage signage under B2B environment with Home Dashboard, EZ Setting, GUI for portrait mode and bigger GUI for long-distance control. With these features, it is easy to check status and access to the menu.