OOH leaders draw up growth agenda for TN OOH business
By VJ Media Bureau - May 11, 2015
Delegates at the Tamil Nadu Talks OOH! Conference participated in group discussions to come up with recommendations to'Re-Energise Tamil Nadu OOH Industry Growth Engine'
- OOH media firms in Chennai & ROTN should form a truly representative industry body that can represent the industry's causes and concerns.
- Billboards are necessary for OOH business. Government could erect the billboards and auction them to OOH firms, like it is done by Railways.
- OOH firms in Chennai & ROTN should plan for roadshows in other metros to showcase the OOH opportunities in the state.
- OOH firms in the region should plan for higher participation in forums and events like Outdoor Advertising Convention (OAC).
o This will give Tamil Nadu market an exposure to the outside market and vice versa
- Government should increase the tenure of projects contracted through open tenders to help OOH firms get better returns on investments.
- Standardise media sizes in Tamil Nadu market.
- Media owners should invest a part of their revenue toward improving the media quality.
- Set a minimum campaign period of 15 days to help media owners augment their revenues. Media owners can then give back something to the market.
- Capture traffic count of different junctions of Chennai and rest of Tamil Nadu.
- Initiate a process to update the Tamil Nadu OOH industry on new media trends in the market.