1st Transit Media Talks to discuss govt publicity spends
By M4G Bureau - February 12, 2019
The dedicated session on the theme will be addressed by Amit Kapoor, Director, US Advertising, a fast growing OOH firm that has handled some of the high profile government publicity campaigns
Government spends on outdoor publicity, as per one news report published in October 2018 basis an RTI reply obtained from the Bureau of Outreach and Communication, was nearly Rs 650 crore in the 4.5 year period of the current Union government, which is some 13% of the total government spends on publicity in that period. Governments at the Centre and states have indeed taken the OOH route to amplify major campaigns and outreach communications.
The 1st Transit Media Talks Conference, to be conducted at Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Mumbai on February 28, 2019, will have a dedicated session on the scope of government spends on publicity on transit media formats covering airport media, rail and Metro media, among others. The session will be addressed by Amit Kapoor, Director, US Advertising, a fast growing OOH firm that has handled some of the high profile government publicity campaigns.
Overall, the deliberations at the conference will touch upon:
• The big media investment opportunities in transit segments like Tier I & II airports, railways, Metro networks, bus transport networks, cabs, among others
• Viability of transit media investments in the medium- to long-term
• Enhancing the attractiveness of transit media for brand advertising
• Use of digital technologies to augment transit media
• Green solutions for transit media
• Design thinking and concepts for transforming transit media